Post: Technical Manager
Site: Gwyn Hall
Hours: 37 hours per week (Working hours will require flexibility and will include evening and weekends)
Salary: Starting at £30,151 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 8th September
We are seeking to recruit a Technical Manager to be part of a great team and lead on all technical requirements for live productions, events and cinema screenings delivered to a high standard in our venue. This is a crucial role, not only in terms of back-of-house management but also in developing professional relationships and upholding the reputation of the venue and the company.
You will have experience of working at a senior technical level within a theatre multi-arts venue and cinema including cinema operation, ticketing systems, networks, staff management and budgeting.
Technical expertise should include; the operation of lighting and sound for all genres of theatre and live music, theatrical electrical systems and networks, digital cinema projection equipment technology and responsible for electrical safety .
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate previous experience within a similar venue. You will be required to assist in the maintenance and lead on the future development and specification of the venues technical infrastructure. The role can be physically demanding, with the need for regular working at height and long periods of concentration.
You will be required to
- To be responsible for the operation of all aspects of the Gwyn Hall’s technical equipment.
- To manage the smooth running of get ins and outs, ensuring that this is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and The Gwyn Hall Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To liaise with professional and amateur users of the venue, ensuring that the venue’s equipment is safely used and managed.
- To ensure that good working practices are implemented and adhered to all current Health and Safety legislation and The Gwyn Hall Health and Safety policy.
- To carry out portable appliance testing as and when required.
- To be responsible for the set up and operation of the digital 3D cinema equipment in the venue.
- To liaise with the General Manager to plan a rota for the working week to cover the needs of the programme and consult over potential additional working during periods of peak demand.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including;
- Pension scheme
- Free membership at our Leisure centres (T&Cs apply)
- Discounts at The Gwyn Hall
- Ongoing training and development to help you to be the best
Flexibility to work various shifts including evenings and weekends is required