Post: Duty Manager
Hours: 21.5 hours per week
Site: Pontardawe Leisure Centre
Salary: £11.39 per hour
Pontardawe Leisure Centre is looking to recruit a part time Duty Manager to join it’s management team.
As the on shift Duty Manager of a team of staff, it is essential you have a close working relationship with the Facility Manager and Leisure Business Manager to establish and maintain the standards and work ethic of the designated Site.
As the Duty Manager you must ensure the delivery of the ‘tone’ and standards set by management when on duty and link positively with Staff, building team cohesiveness whilst removing all barriers to the ‘us and them’ cultures.
Duty Managers are responsible for the ‘delivery’ of Operational Procedures and as such a good knowledge of the leisure industry is essential.
Duty Managers will be required to support and work with Staff to deliver the expectations and standards of the Company.
Good knowledge of Health and Safety will be beneficial for the role.
Specific Duties include:
- To assist with the promotion and marketing of the facility and specific activities as required including leading when required on outreach work
- To report any staffing matters/ issues to the Assistant Manager/ Facility Manager.
- To provide relief cover for other staff as necessary.
- To develop and cover the rota as and when required
- To undertake cleaning as required
- To oversee the general safety and behaviour of the public and to direct the users of facilities to prevent injury, misuse and damage to the facilities.
- To assist with routine administrative tasks.