Site: Pontardawe Swimming Pool
Hours: 12.5hrs term-time only (39 weeks) contract
Salary: £15.26 per hour
Closing Date: Friday 7th July
At Celtic Leisure we can offer a friendly working environment that brings lots of variety every day. If you like talking to people, this is the role for you!
We are looking for a Level 2 qualified Swim Teacher to join our friendly and professional team at Pontardawe Swimming Pool. In the role of Swim Teacher, you will lead our school swim programme, liaising with many colleagues within Celtic Leisure, local schools and our partners. We are looking for someone who has a passion for swimming and enjoys teaching and helping others.
Requirements of the role:
- To assist the Leisure Business Manager in coordinating the schools swimming programme, to ensure that children attain the standard laid down in the National Curriculum.
- To instruct children in swimming who attend the facility as part of the schools swimming programme.
- To carry out all administrative tasks linked to the co-ordination and development of the school swim programme.
- To assist the management in ensuring that all the requirements of the schools swimming policy for Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council are met.
- To represent the management when required at meetings relating to swimming instruction for children of all abilities.
You need to…
- Be fanatical about exceeding customer expectations,
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be STA Level 2 Award or STA Level 2 Certificate qualified, or SEQ Level 2 equivalent.
- Have the ability to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers
- Have perseverance, patience and enthusiasm